At Saint Mary Magdalen, we’re committed to the next generation of Catholic education. We’ve upgraded our facility, our technology, even our thinking – as we head into our next century of service to the community.
Continuing a commitment to the latest teaching methods and technology, Saint Mary Magdalen Catholic School has SMART Boards throughout, an Apple Computer Lab, Chromebooks for students in grades 5-8, iPads for students in grades Preschool-4.
Mac Computer Lab
Our computer lab is state of the art and contains 25 brand new 17” iMac computers. Students practice keyboarding skills, design presentations, conduct research for projects and write papers in the lab.
What do interactive SMART Boards do that chalkboards can’t?
- The SMART Board 680 model features touch recognition. Students can write on the hard-coated surface with a pen tool in four colors; use a finger or even a tennis ball – whichever is most comfortable.
- Software can be navigated with the touch of a finger, and images erase with the palm of the hand.
- SMART NotebookTM software is powerful, intuitive and works with Windows® and Mac OSX software. The format of its menu bar and icons will be familiar to students and teachers.
Why are SMART Boards good for students?
- SMART Boards accommodate different learning styles. Any lesson can be a tactile, visual, and auditory experience.
- They are designed to be easy to use for students of all ages and abilities.
- Classrooms using interactive whiteboards have increased student achievement and improved performance on standardized tests.
- The boards inspire student engagement, participation and confidence.